Knitting 101 Class
In this learn-to-knit class, students will learn fundamental knitting skills that will transform them from novice to practiced knitter and give them the confidence to tackle future projects with gusto. Over a period of four (4) weeks, students will receive step-by-step instruction, advice, and lots of help while they stitch-up a beautiful hat. They will learn about:
- Needles, yarn and how to hold them
- Casting on, knit stitch and purl stitch and basic stitch patterns
- Finding Guage
- Correcting Common Mistakes and Picking Up Stitches
- Joining Yarn, Decreasing, and Increasing
- Binding off and Finishing (Weaving in Ends, Blocking)
Instructor: Deidre Vey/Donna Vey
Cost: $60.00 plus tax
Time: Thursdays from 7:00-9:00 PM
Dates: March 26, April 2, April 9, April 16
(Extra help available during regular store hours)
- 70-140 yards of worsted or aran weight yarn.
- 1 set of 4.5 mm double point needles and 1 set of 4.5 16" circular needles.